We know that most people, especially young children, experience a wide range of feelings…both good and bad. What better way to teach kids how to sort out those feelings than with a Kimochis®? Our master toy tester, the Social Toddler herself, had the privilege of putting the Kimochis® Cloud Character through the ringer and the result – 2 thumbs up!
Kimochis® (meaning ‘feelings’ in Japanese) are characters that help kids to get comfortable with their emotions in a fun and comfortable way. Kimochis® provide helpful information and communication tools to parents, teachers and children to enable them to learn how to better communicate their feelings and to cultivate confidence and character. Each Kimochis® character has a pouch to store various ‘feelings’, which are a variety of small felt cushions with a facial expression on one side and the name of the emotion on the other side. The learning experience is achieved through placing the cushion that best matches their feelings into their Kimochi doll and sharing the experience. You can also get additional feelings in the Mixed Feelings Pack, like Sleepy, Surprised, Jealous and Shy.
It's an amazing experience watching a toddler navigate though the variety of feelings and taking the time to understand each one. Our favorite part was when she picked up the ‘shy’ feeling and explained that she also felt shy when new people came to visit her house. This is such a genius toy and every toddler could benefit from having one.
1 Kimochis® Doll
Please note the following:
- Contest open to Social Toddler Daily Deals subscribers only (subscribe here)
- Contest begins Tuesday May 24, 2011 at 6:00AM PST.
- Contest closes Thursday May 26, 2011 at 11:59PM PST.
- Winner will be chosen by random.org and will be announced on Friday May 27, 2011 at 12:00PM PST.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Social Toddler Daily Deals (see above)
- Share today's deal on your Facebook page (let us know that you shared it, in the comments below)
- Go to Kimochis® Facebook Page and "Fan" them (let us know who you are in the comments below)
- Follow Social Toddler on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow Kimochis® on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- “Like” Social Toddler on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Tweet the following "RT #Win a Kimochis® Doll via @socialtoddler & @kimochis blog.socialtoddler.com"